Linwei is a Data Science Specialist – Epidemiologist at the MAP Centre for Urban Health Solutions, St Michael’s Hospital. She holds a bachelor degree in Applied Biological Science and a Master of Science degree in Epidemiology. Prior to joining MAP Centre for Urban Health Solutions in August 2018, she worked for 3 years as a biostatistician in the Health Economic Research at the BC Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS. She has five years of experience leading advanced analyses in areas related to health services delivery and treatment outcomes of HIV, and three years of experience providing data parameterization for deterministic dynamic HIV transmission models.
As an Epidemiologist, she has led a project using data from the Engage Study to examine sexual mixing patterns among men who have sex with men in Canada. She also oversees two projects of the Transitions Study to provide guidance on the study conceptualization, analysis and manuscript development. She provides analytic and evidence synthesis support for the development of HIV/STI transmission models. She is currently leading a mathematical modeling project to compare the population-level impact of HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) on HIV incidence reduction with and without the incorporation of serosorting.
Linwei has participated as a first author or co-author on these team papers:
- Wang L, Dowdy D, Comins C, Young K, Mcingana M, Muluba N, Mhlophe H, Chen C, Hausler H, Schwartz S, Baral S, Mishra S. (2021). Health-related quality of life of female sex workers living with HIV in South Africa. [Preprint available].
- Mishra S, Silhol R, Knight J, Phaswanamafuya N, Diouf D, Wang L, Schwartz S, Boily MC, Baral S. (2021). Estimating the epidemic consequences of HIV prevention gaps among key populations. J Int AIDS Soc. Accepted Apr 28, 2021.
- Wang L, Moqueet N, Simkin A, Knight J, Ma H, Lachowsky NJ, Armstrong HL, Tan DHS, Burchell AN, Hart TA, Moore DM, Adam BD, MacFadden DR, Baral S, Mishra S. (2021). Mathematical modelling of the influence of serosorting on the population-level HIV transmission impact of pre-exposure prophylaxis. AIDS. Accepted 11 Jan 2021.
- Wang L, Ma H, Yiu KCY, Calzavara A, Landsman D, Luong L, Chan AK, Kustra R, Kwong JC, Boily MC, Hwang S, Straus S, Baral SD, Mishra S. (2020). Heterogeneity in testing, diagnosis and outcome in SARSCoV-2 infection across outbreak settings in the Greater Toronto Area, Canada: an observational study. CMAJ Open, 8(4), E627-E636. doi: 10.9778/cmajo.20200213.
- Mishra S, Wang L, Ma H, Yiu K, Paterson JM, Kim E, Schull MJ, Pequegnat V, Lee A, Ishiguro L, Coomes E, Chan A, Downing M, Landsman D, Straus S, Muller M. (2020). Estimated surge in hospital and intensive care admission because of the coronavirus disease 2019 pandemic in the Greater Toronto Area, Canada: a mathematical modelling study. CMAJ Open, 8(3), E593-E604. doi: 10.9778/cmajo.20200093.
- Knight J, Baral S, Schwartz S, Wang L, Ma H, Young K, Hausler H, Mishra S. (2020). Contribution of high risk groups’ unmet needs may be underestimated in epidemic models without risk turnover: a mechanistic modelling analysis. Infect Dis Model, 5, 549-562. doi: 10.1016/j.idm.2020.07.004.
- Wang L, Tan DHS, Mishra S. (2020). Letter to the Editor: evidence of non-random mixing by pre-exposure prophylaxis use among men who have sex with men partnerships in Melbourne, 2016-2018. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. Epub ahead of print. doi: 10.1097/QAI.0000000000002387.
- Ma H, Wang L, Gichangi P, Mochache V, Manguro G, Musyoki HK, Bhattacharjee P, Cholette F, Sandstrom P, Becker ML, Mishra S. (2020). Venue-based HIV testing at sex work hotspots to reach adolescent girls and young women living with HIV: a cross-sectional study in Mombasa, Kenya. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. Epub ahead of print. doi: 10.1097/QAI.0000000000002363.
- Wang L, Moqueet N, Simkin A, Knight J, Ma H, Lachowsky NJ, Armstrong HL, Tan DHS, Burchell AN, Hart TA, Moore DM, Adam BD, MacFadden DR, Baral S, Mishra S. (2020). Influence of serosorting and intervention-mediated changes in serosorting on the population-level HIV transmission impact of pre-exposure prophylaxis among men who have sex with men: a mathematical modelling study. [Preprint available].
- Wang L, Moqueet N, Lambert G, Grace D, Rodrigues R, Cox J, Lachowsky NJ, Noor SW, Armstrong HL, Tan DH, Burchell AN, Ma H, Apelian H, Knight J, Messier-Peet M, Jollimore J, Baral SD, Hart TA, Moore DM, Mishra S. (2019). Population-level sexual mixing by HIV status and pre-exposure prophylaxis use among men who have sex with men in Montreal, Canada: Implications for HIV prevention. Am J Epidemiol. Epub ahead of print. doi:10.1093/aje/kwz231.