Huiting Ma (Senior Data Scientist)
Huiting completed her Master of Science in Statistics at the University of British Columbia, followed by a research analyst position at the Institute of Clinical Evaluative Sciences in Ontario, Canada, where she worked on large administrative databases to inform policy making. Her research interests lie in using epidemiological and biostatistical methods to conduct HIV/STI research.
She is leading observational epidemiology studies as part of the Transitions project, the Ontario HIV incidence project, and the tPAF projects. Her projects include statistical modeling, empiric estimation, and bias adjustments to parameterize and calibrate HIV transmission models in Kenya, Canada, South Africa, and Eswatini. She is also leading analyses for the Sierra Leone Ebola Disease Outbreak project.
Huiting has participated as a first author or co-author on these team papers:
- Ma H, Wang L, Gichangi P, Mochache V, Manguro G, Musyoki HK, Bhattacharjee P, Cholette F, Sandstrom P, Becker ML, Mishra S. (2020). Venue-based HIV testing at sex work hotspots to reach adolescent girls and young women living with HIV: a cross-sectional study in Mombasa, Kenya. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. Epub ahead of print. doi: 10.1097/QAI.0000000000002363.
- Knight J, Baral SD, Schwartz S, Wang L, Ma H, Young K, Hausler H, Mishra S. (2020). Contribution of high risk groups’ unmet needs may be underestimated in epidemic models without risk turnover: a mechanistic modelling analysis. [Preprint available].
- Roberts E, Ma H, Bhattacharjee P, Musyoki HK, Gichangi P, Avery L, Musimbi J, Tsang J, Kaosa S, Kioko J, Becker ML, Mishra S. (2020). Low program access despite high burden of sexual, structural, and reproductive health vulnerabilities among young women who sell sex in Kenya. BMC Public Health, 20, 806. doi:10.1186/s12889-020-08872-6.
- Wang L, Moqueet N, Lambert G, Grace D, Rodrigues R, Cox J, Lachowsky NJ, Noor SW, Armstrong HL, Tan DH, Burchell AN, Ma H, Apelian H, Knight J, Messier-Peet M, Jollimore J, Baral SD, Hart TA, Moore DM, Mishra S. (2019). Population-level sexual mixing by HIV status and pre-exposure prophylaxis use among men who have sex with men in Montreal, Canada: Implications for HIV prevention. Am J Epidemiol. Epub ahead of print. doi:10.1093/aje/kwz231.
- Becker ML, Bhattacharjee P, Blanchard JF, Cheuk E, Isac S, Musyoki HK, Gichangi P, Aral S, Pickles M, Sandstrom P, Ma H, Mishra S on behalf of the Transitions Study Team. (2019). Response to Hodson and Bewley letter. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. Epub Ahead of Print. doi: 10.1097/QAI.0000000000002102
- Becker ML, Bhattacharjee P, Blanchard JF, Cheuk E, Isac S, Musyoki HK, Gichangi P, Aral S, Pickles M, Sandstrom P, Ma H, Mishra S. (2018). Vulnerabilities at first sex and their association with lifetime gender-based violence and HIV prevalence among adolescent girls and young women engaged in sex work, transactional sex, and casual sex in Kenya. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr, 79(3), 296-304.